5 Great Reasons to Study English in Lodz
- The city. Easily-reached and reasonably priced, Lodz has a student population of more than 64,000 and the nightlife to match. The city is also packed with opportunities for lovers of sport, leisure, and culture.
- The faculty. The English Institute is housed in the stylish, purpose-built Faculty of Philology building in the campus area of the city. It’s right opposite a major accommodation centre, has a large student car park, and a tram stop right outside.
- The courses. You can choose from a range of challenging and engaging courses of study. Some specialisations, such as translating and teaching, have clearly defined career paths, others may lead in unpredictable directions. For certain, with a knowledge of English, the whole world is open to you.
- The staff. With a long tradition of research in English philology, the institute is home to some of the country’s leading figures in fields as varied as Pragmatics, Corpus Linguistics, and Irish Studies. Alongside our pursuit of excellence in research we have a deep commitment to providing the highest quality of teaching possible, and the best level of pastoral care for all our students.
- The atmosphere. The English Institute is a calm, friendly, and supportive place. Staff and students work together to ensure that everyone achieves their full potential. Student societies provide a chance to meet new people and discover new interests. The Institute provides the perfect environment not only to learn, but also to develop, and to build friendships which will last forever.
To learn more about what we can offer and choose which course is right for you, check out our courses here.