The Department of Translation Theory and Practice at the University of Łódź is proud to announce that the 4th international conference on TEACHING TRANSLATION AND INTERPRETING (TTI 2014) will be held on 28-29 November 2014 at the Łódź University Conference Centre in Łódź, Poland, Kopcińskiego 16/18.
The conference draws on the success of three TTI conferences, held in April 2008 and 2009 and October 2011 where it was unanimously decided that meetings devoted to theoretical and practical aspects of translation training, translation didactics and translation curricula are a necessity.
The topics of the conference include, but are not limited to, the following:
• translation training
• translation curricula
• teaching, learning and training interpreting
• teaching, learning and training audiovisual translation
• translation training in the academia
• translation competence
• competencies of professional translator trainers
• the use of computer in translation education
• interdisciplinary approaches to translation education
The organisers intend to publish the proceedings after the conference as a monograph volume devoted to the methodological issues in translator education.
Conference website: http://www.tti.uni.lodz.pl/powrót